Larry Goodman, LMFT 

Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist #38345


Child and Teen Counseling 

Family Therapy

I see clients using HIPPA-compliant video

conferencing tools. It is easy to use and

almost like being in the same room



socialskills 1
adhdgirlfaraway 1

How often will my child or teen come in for sessions?

That’s a good question.  I have found that, in this work, just like trying to build strength or improve your golf game, patients get better with more frequent sessions.  That usually means weekly though, at times, there may be a need or desire to come in more often.   Working on oneself less frequently than once a week doesn’t offer the chance to make effective, long-lasting changes; conversely, when a child or teen is in need, more frequent visits help to get through a difficult period.  Weekly is how most of my patients begin.

How long does it take?

This is difficult to predict.  I ask cliients to give the process at least 10 sessions for us to get to know each other and for the process to start making a difference, for you to see change.  You should plan for that and not expect that you will be able to fix everything right away.  However, you should start seeing improvement in that period and it can get better after that. 

Do you take insurance?

The answer to that question is complicated based on your situation.  Insurance companies require a mental health disorder diagnosis to cover the costs of treatment.  Many of my clients prefer to deal with their insurance companies on their own or not to submit my invoice receipts because they want to protect their personal information.  There is no way I can guarantee the confidentiality of your personal information once it leaves our office.  That is up to you.

I am a provider for veterans and their families through TRICARE.  For all other clients, I can provide you with an invoice receipt for my services as an "out of network provider" and you can submit that to your insurance company for reimbursement.  Many insurance companies will not cover couple’s sessions or family/parent/child issues.

How do I pay you?

I take cash, checks, Visa and MasterCard to pay for the session at the beginning of each session unless otherwise agreed to. 

How do I reach you if I have to?

The best way to reach me is to call the office voicemail, 760-766-1622 and leave a message.  I will be notified that you left a message and get back to you as soon as I can.  I am not available after 10:00 pm or before 7:00 am.  If you have an emergency, you need to call 911 or go to the nearest Emergency Room.  When in doubt, please act in your best interests and for your own safety.

Where is your office?

My office is located in Rancho Mirage at 42-525 Rancho Mirage Lane, one block south of Highway 111 across from the River, in the Rancho Mirage Psychiatric Medical Center building.  The office is the first one on the left as you enter the building.  You do not need to check in at the receptionist desk.

What other services do you offer?

I work with couples to help them regain their love and caring for each other.  

I also work with individual women and men to help them improve relationships with their partners, children and work environments  See my website, for more information., HotDoodle™ Custom Web Design and Quality Affordable Website Designers for Small Businesses and Professionals
Powered by, HotDoodle™ Custom Web Design and Quality Affordable Website Designers for Small Businesses and Professionals
Hypnotherapy Website Design Templates and Hypnotherapy Site Designers Site Map Craft Construction with Precision in Fremont CA
Fremont Volkswagen service mechanic California discount independent Volkswagen repair
Pittsburgh Hypnosis for sports performance, mental preparation for sports performance
Bay Area Facilities and Maintenance, cleaning, janitorial
Salt Lake Utah furnace repair and furnace service, Wasatch Front, Park City, Heber City, Provo